Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
By participating in Code with Friends, all participants agree to follow all the following terms listed in this Code of Conduct agreement and to follow any procedures and instructions given by the Code with Friends organizing team. Refusal to comply and any violations will subject participants to punishment deemed appropriate by the Code with Friends organizing staff, such as the expulsion from this and future event.
- I have represented myself accurately on the application and all other event forms.
- I am allowed to use publicly available resources and code on my project. I accept sole responsibility for licensee or owner responsibilities and for any and all licensing or ownership rights and responsibilities of any intellectual property that I use, display, store, distribute, make derivative works from, or otherwise and other appropriate acknowledgement regarding the resources.
- I understand that the organizing team will not receive any ownership title or rights of any work or project done during Code with Friends other than the displaying projects to showcase for promotional purposes during and after the event, including social media outlets. All original work will solely remain under the ownership of the creator and/or the employing company. The members of the Code with Friends organizing team are not liable for any legal or contractual issues that may arise from the work. I hereby agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the members of the Code with Friends staff members against any liability resulting from the project or any created content.
- I understand that the Code with Friends organizing staff are allowed to look at any code or shared files that the participants voluntarily submit. The organizers are not liable for any transactions between a potential sponsor and a participant.
- I understand that I will be fully responsible for any costs incurred as a direct or indirect result of participant in the event, including but not limited to the use of propriety technology, food, accommodations, travel, and other purchases. Code with Friends and the organizing team are not liable for any costs or expenses accrued before, throughout, and/or after the event, including the occurrence of events outside of human control, such as a natural disaster.
- I understand that all services provided for the purposes of this event are provided on an as-is and as-available basis only, with no guarantee of services. Members of the Code with Friends organizing team are not liable for any errors in services, regardless of whether they appear to provide these services or not.
- I agree to not spam any of the platforms that the Code with Friends' organizing team employ throughout the event. The staff members have the authority to discipline me if my behavior does not meet their subjective standards, including the right to ban and/or report any participant's user account.
- I agree to not promote any unrelated products to other participants and/or the organizing team. The staff members have the authority to discipline me if my behavior does not meet their subjective standards, including the right to remove me from the event at the staff members' subjective discretion.
- I understand that Code with Friends, helloMayuko LLC, and members of the organizing staff are not responsible for any personal injury or physical assault throughout the duration of the event.
- I agree to not hold the organizing team liable for any breach or loss of information that I share to apply and participate in this event.
- I assume all responsibility for the damage or theft of all personal items and property. I understand that the event and the organizers do not take responsibility and are not liable for any damages or theft to personal items and/or property.
- I agree to be respectful and courteous to the Code with Friends organizing team, volunteers, mentors, and all other participants, and I will comply immediately to stop any behavior that is deemed as inappropriate by the staff members. The staff members have the authority to discipline me if my behavior at the event does not meet their subjective standards of respect and courtesy, including the right to remove me from the event at the staff members' subjective discretion.
If you feel uncomfortable or think there may be a potential violation of the code of conduct, please report it immediately by emailing email@example.com
CODE WITH FRIENDS IS AN INCLUSIVE SPACE WHERE EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO FEEL SAFE. THE ORGANIZERS HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO DISCIPLINE ANYONE WHO SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF PREJUDICE AND DISCRIMINATION BASED ON (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) RACE, COLOR, CREED, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, CITIZENSHIP STATUS, SOCIOECONOMIC STATUS, MARITAL STATUS, PERSONAL APPEARANCE, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, POLITICAL AFFILIATION, RELIGION, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY. HARASSMENT AND ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. IF ANY PARTICIPANT OR ORGANIZER CREATES AN UNSAFE OR INAPPROPRIATE ENVIRONMENT, HE/SHE/THEY WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE EVENT PREMISES.